A Classic Taylor Redesigned and Refined
Taylor went back to the drawing board to give the 714ce acoustic-electric guitar a stronger, more focused voice than ever. Its classic Grand Auditorium body shape is topped with Lutz spruce and features an innovative bracing pattern designed specifically for this body shape.
This attention to detail creates loud, solid fundamental tone and exceptionally well-balanced tonality. The redesigned 714ce also uses protein glue, which enhances the overall solidity of the instrument for maximum vibrational transfer. And with Taylor's ES2 electronics onboard for natural plugged-in tone, the 714ce acoustic-electric guitar is an outstanding instrument for recording and live performance.
Taylor 714ce Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- A richer, more vibrant voice than ever before thanks to customized bracing
- Grand Auditorium body style gives you exceptional presence
- Taylor Expression System 2 electronics deliver superior sound onstage
A richer, more vibrant voice than ever before thanks to customized bracing
You'll notice that the Taylor 714ce boasts exceptionally vibrant tones with a unique character. Taylor went back to the drawing board and redesigned their bracing patterns to get the optimum response out of each of their iconic body shapes. Taylor even added side bracing to add rigidity to the sides and enhance top and back movement. Sweetwater knows that guitar tone is the result of dozens of different elements coming together, and the attention that Taylor gives to the bracing pattern is an indication of their exceptional craftsmanship.
Grand Auditorium body style gives you exceptional presence
Taylor's beloved Grand Auditorium body style, featured on the 714ce, employs the width and depth of the dreadnought. But its waist is narrower, which gives Grand Auditorium-bodied acoustic guitars a sleeker look, with more treble zing. The 714ce's Grand Auditorium body style also helps to sharpen the definition of each note. Ultimately, from fingerpicking to medium strumming, the Grand Auditorium is a great body choice for nearly every playing style.
Taylor Expression System 2 electronics deliver superior sound onstage
If you play plugged in, then you're going to love the Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics built into your 714ce acoustic-electric guitar. The key to this fantastic system is the 3-section proprietary pickup located behind the saddle. Because of where it's positioned and how it's integrated into the Taylor 714ce's saddle, the ES2 pickup provides you with remarkably clear and accurate sound. In addition to a master volume control, a pair of tone controls lets you tweak your highs and lows to get the sound you need, and a discreet phase switch offers vital onboard feedback suppression.
Taylor 714ce Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- An extra-bright acoustic-electric guitar that's great for a wide range of playing styles
- Well-balanced tonality with crisp highs, rich mids, and powerful lows, thanks to customized Performance bracing pattern
- Grand Auditorium body style gives you a dreadnought-esque projection with a more expressive upper register
- Protein glue enhances stability and vibrational transfer
- Onboard Taylor Expression System 2 electronics give you natural sound even when plugged-in live
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Body Style:Venetian Cutaway
- Top Wood:Lutz Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing:Performance bracing
- Binding:Non-figured Koa
- Neck Wood:Tropical Mahogany
- Neck Shape:V-carve
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Tuning Machines:Taylor Nickel
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq/Micarta
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Strings:Elixir Phosphor Bronze HD Light
- Case Included:Taylor Deluxe Hardshell
- Manufacturer Part Number:714ce