Superb Tonewoods - Top-notch Electronics!
Taylor's 414ce acoustic-electric guitar embodies a superb blend of classic tonewoods and modern electronics. With it, you get a gorgeous solid Sitka spruce top with ovangkol as its back and sides - ensuring excellent tone when unplugged. Yet, Taylor also added their renowned Taylor ES2 electronics system, which makes the Taylor 414ce guitar ripe for stage use, as well. And, whether you favor strum-style playing or fingerpicking you'll be equally delighted, as it features the treble-emphasized Grand Auditorium body style, which gives you excellent note definition, with the Taylor 414ce.
Taylor 414ce Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
- Choice tonewoods - Sitka spruce meets Ovangkol
- Grand Auditorium body style, for exceptional treble zing
- Taylor's Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
Choice tonewoods - Sitka spruce meets Ovangkol
When you pick up a Taylor, you can expect outstanding tone - and one of the leading reasons behind that signature Taylor voice is the use of high-quality tonewoods. This particular Taylor, the 414ce, is a prime example of just that. It features time-proven Sitka spruce as its top - which gives you projection - while its body comprises Ovangkol. Ovangkol is an African tonewood with a striking olive-brown coloration and intensely varied grain. It offers a response somewhat similar to the warmth of rosewood - but gives the 414ce a voice all its own. The Taylor 414ce also features an all-gloss finish and a Tropical American mahogany neck, which is lined with a smooth-playing ebony fingerboard.
Grand Auditorium body style, for exceptional treble zing
Taylor's beloved Grand Auditorium body style, featured on the 414ce, employs the width and depth of the Dreadnought. But, its waist is narrower, which gives Grand-Auditorium-bodied acoustic guitars a sleeker look, with more treble zing. The body style also helps to sharpen the definition of each note. Ultimately, from fingerpicking to medium strumming, the Grand Auditorium is a great choice for nearly every playing style.
Taylor's Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
If you play plugged in, then you're going to love the Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics built into your 414ce acoustic guitar. The key to this fantastic system is the 3-section proprietary pickup located behind the saddle. Because of where it's positioned and how it's integrated into the 414ce's saddle, the ES2 pickup provides you with remarkably clear and accurate sound. In addition to a master volume control, a pair of tone controls let you tweak your highs and lows to get the sound you need, and a discreet phase switch offers vital onboard feedback suppression. We were more than impressed when Taylor came to Sweetwater to show us what this system can do, and we think you will be too.
Taylor 414ce Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- An acoustic-electric guitar with a bold yet smooth voice
- Grand Auditorium body style gives you dreadnought-like projection with a more expressive upper register
- Sitka spruce provides a bright and balanced tone
- Ovangkol back and sides enhance richness and projection
- All-gloss finish on the top, back, and sides
- Taylor ES2 electronics give you natural, dynamic plugged-in tone
- Hardshell case included
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Body Style:Single Cutaway
- Top Wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood:Ovangkol
- Body Bracing:Standard III
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material:Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Dots
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Tuning Machines:Taylor Nickel
- Nut/Saddle Material:Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Nut Width:1.75"
- Electronics:Taylor ES2 Electronics
- Strings:Elixir Phosphor Bronze HD Light
- Case Included:Hardshell
- Body Length:20"
- Body Width:16"
- Body Depth:4.6"