Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® & P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation).
An American Tele at an Amazing Price
Fender's American Special Telecaster solidbody electric guitar gives you popular Tele features at a price that's nearly unheard-of for a US-made Fender. It all starts with an alder body for classic Tele tone, and it's all wrapped up in a great-looking gloss urethane finish. Fender's easy-playing maple neck and rosewood fingerboard combo sports jumbo frets for easy shredding. In the tone department, a duo of Texas Special single-coils dishes out distinctive Tele twang. We guitarists here at Sweetwater are a picky bunch, so trust us — you're going to love the Fender American Special Telecaster!
American-made quality at an unbeatable price
Fender's American Special Series exists to do one thing: give you access to genuine US-made Fenders at unbeatable prices. The American Special Telecaster gives you a great selection of cool Tele features, including a supremely playable maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, and jumbo frets, two Texas Special single-coils, and Fender's innovative Greasebucket tone control. All in all, it's quite a potent music-delivery system. And it's made right here in the USA, in Fender's state-of-the-art Corona, California, factory.
Cut through the mix
You're sure to cut through the mix, thanks to a duo of Fender's Texas Special single-coils. These pickups give you classic tones that have been with us since the dawn of the Tele. But these pickups have a little something extra that sets the American Special Tele apart from previous Tele incarnations: Fender's way-cool Greasebucket tone circuit! If you're looking for an American-made Tele with an unbeatable bang for the buck, then you need the American Special Telecaster.
Greasebucket tone control rolls off highs without adding bass
Fender has fitted their American Special Telecaster with their Greasebucket tone control, which rolls off highs without adding bass or affecting your volume. This is seriously cool because it gives you explicit control over your tone onstage without having to compensate for volume loss — making the American Special Tele a serious tone machine.
Fender American Special Telecaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- American-made quality at an unbeatable price
- Classic alder Tele body
- Supremely playable maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, and jumbo frets
- 2 Texas Special single-coil pickups
- Fender's innovative Greasebucket tone control
- Vintage-style 3-saddle string-through-body Tele bridge gives you amazing sustain
- Body Type:Solidbody
- Body Shape:Telecaster
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Satin Polyurethane
- Color:Sherwood Green Metallic
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:Modern C
- Fingerboard Material:Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay:White Dots
- Number of Frets:22, Jumbo
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.685"
- Nut Material:Synthetic
- Bridge/Tailpiece:3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-thru with Brass Saddles
- Tuners:Standard Cast Sealed
- Neck Pickup:Texas Special Tele Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Texas Special Tele Single-coil
- Controls:1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way blade pickup switch
- Case Included:Gig Bag