When Eric Johnson talks tone, people listen. So it's no surprise that his move to semi-hollowbody Stratocasters is perking up some ears here at Sweetwater. This Strat's alder body boasts hollow cavities on both the treble and bass side with a solid toneblock running from neck to end pin down the middle. If you've ever experienced the top-end detail and woody character semi-hollowbody construction adds to your tone, you'll understand what this instrument is capable of. And it's all completed with an elegant-looking F-hole along the guitar's bass side.
Eric Johnson signature single-coils
Eric Johnson possesses some of the most awe-inducing clean and driven electric guitar tones out there. It's his ceaseless quest to perfect that sound that has led Fender to release his signature set of three single-coil pickups. Special care was taken to reproduce the exact output and sweet tone Johnson is after, utilizing a mix of Alnico 3 and Alnico 5 staggered magnets. And the Eric Johnson Strat Pickup Set boasts a hotter bridge pickup to ensure you enjoy a balanced signal across all the pickup switching positions.
Eminently playable neck
Eric and the team at Fender spent a lot of time crafting a neck that would offer the best of vintage feel with modern playability. Your fretting hand will cradle the all-maple neck's '57 Soft-V profile that offers enough wood for excellent sustain and comfort, while also allowing the fleet-fingered passages Johnson is known for. The fingerboard has been planed to a flat-ish 12" radius, which encourages wide bends without the fear of fretting out. Finally, like the guitar's body, the neck is finished in a vintage-correct nitrocellulose lacquer that will age gracefully.
Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster Semi-hollowbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Semi-hollow Stratocaster designed for Eric Johnson
- Even-toned alder construction
- Semi-hollow construction is lightweight and adds resonance and clarity
- Comfortable '57 Soft-V neck profile
- Fast-playing 12" fingerboard radius
- Loaded with 3 EJ Signature single-coil pickups
- Vintage-style tremolo
- Body Type:Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape:Stratocaster
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Material:Alder
- Body Finish:Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color:Vintage White
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape:'57 Soft V
- Fingerboard Material:Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay:Black Dots
- Number of Frets:21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Nut Width:1.650"
- Nut Material:Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece:6-saddle Vintage-style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuners:Vintage-style Staggered
- Neck Pickup:Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Middle Pickup:Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup:Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Controls:1 x volume, 2 x tone (brige, neck), 5-way blade pickup switch